- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- Affordable messaging phone with full QWERTY keyboard; easy access to personal e-mail plus 1-click access to social networking
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion
- Up to 8 hours of talk time, up to 500 hours (20+ days) of standby time; released in August, 2010
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired stereo headset, user guid
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 7 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B003V4AJSU
- Item model number: C3-00_NOKUS_SLATE
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (47 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #157 in Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com Product Description
Enjoy easy text entry with the physical QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a full spectrum of messaging capabilities.
Nicely affordable, the Nokia C3 is a great choice for first-time smartphone users with easy set-up of e-mail using the built-in Ovi Mail and Ovi Chat without the need for a PC. The Nokia C3 combines the world’s most popular mobile phone platform–Series 40–with a full QWERTY keyboard. Follow the flow of your text messaging with a conversational layout of back-and-forth messages, and access up to 10 personal e-mail accounts on your phone–including Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo! Mail.
Capture photos and videos while on the go with the 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, and save them on the 55 MB internal memory or optional microSD memory cards (up to 8 GB in size). You’ll be able to connect to the Internet via an EDGE data connection, or Wi-Fi networks at home, work, or out-and-about at a variety of hotspots like airports, coffee shops, and more. Other features include a multi-format digital audio player, integrated FM radio, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, and up to 8 hours of talk time.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. It provides data connectivity via the EDGE data network. This phone comes with a full manufacturer’s warranty.
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Get live Facebook and Twitter feeds right on your home screen (see larger image).
- EDGE data connectivity with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps–fast enough to support a range of data services including full picture messaging, Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
- 2.4-inch LCD screen with 320 x 240-pixel resolution and 262K color depth
- Full QWERTY keyboard with dedicated messaging and contacts keys
- Series 40 platform with software updates through Nokia Software Updater installed on PC
- 2-megapixel camera with up to 4x digital zoom, fullscreen viewfinder, self-timer, and multiple effects
- Video capture capabilities with clip length up to available capacity on memory card and multiple scene, white balance, and color tone modes
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, and eAAC+ audio formats; and H.263, H.264, AVI, MPEG-4 (stored as .mpg or .3gp files), and WMV video formats
- FM radio with RDS capabilities, which provides information on your favorite radio stations directly on the display.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 55 MB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 8 GB.
- SMS text and MMS multimedia messaging with Conversational SMS for chat-style text messages
- Instant messaging through Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi Chat
- Access to personal e-mail via Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Windows Live, Hotmail, and other popular POP/IMAP services. Easy Ovi Mail free email account creation directly from phone.
- Nokia Xpress audio messaging allows you to personalize messages in a spontaneous and creative way. By using a specially designed menu, an audio message can be recorded and sent with only a few clicks of a button. Xpress audio messages can be sent to all MMS-enabled GSM handsets, and can also be shared with multiple recipients.
- Web browsing of real web pages through Nokia OSS web browser
- Pre-loaded games include Bounce, Sudoku, Block’d, and Diamond Rush
- Organizer tools including calendar, to-do list, notes, recorder, calculator, clock, and converter
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0 port
The Nokia C3-00 weighs 4 ounces and measures 4.54 x 2.28 x 0.53 inches. Its 1320 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 500 hours (20+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What’s in the Box
Nokia C3-00 handset, rechargeable battery (BL-5J), charger (AC-3), wired stereo headset (WH-102), user guide
This affordable messaging device is all you need to easily keep in touch with family and friends. It features a full QWERTY keyboard with home screen access to your favorite contacts, email, social networking sites and web search. It comes with Nokia Messaging services for chat and E-mail using popular email and IM accounts such as Yahoo mail, Hotmail, Ovi mail and others. User-friendly conversational SMS makes it easy to follow up with discussions. New Communities application for accessing social networks including Facebook lets you navigate through your friends’ latest posts, easily change your own status and upload photos.